Applicable from 25th May 2018
We require personal data to enable us to perform our duties; to design, organise, plan and operate holidays and high quality mountain bike related services for our clients. As both a data controller and processor we take the privacy of our client data seriously.
Singletrack Safari is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We guarantee that
• All personal data will be obtained transparently and fairly
• We will make you aware of why we intend to use your data at the time of collection
• We will ask your consent before using your data for marketing purposes
• We will never share your data with 3rd party marketing companies
• Data will be relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it was obtained
• Data will be processed in keeping with the purposes for which it was obtained
• Data will only be kept for clear and legal purposes
• Data will only be used or disclosed in a manner which is compatible with the purposes for which it was originally obtained
• We will show you all personal data that we hold on you on request and if you instruct us to, then we will amend or permanently delete your data
What do we collect?
When using our website, the types of personal information we may collect include:
• Your name
• Your contact telephone number
• Your contact email address
• Any other information you may provide in the process of filling out forms on the website
• Usage data
When discussing our services and engaging in projects, whether via our website, by phone, email,
other digital communication or in person, we may also record personal information that enables us
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in
particular for the following reasons:
• To provide you with a quotation or service
• Internal record keeping
• We may use the information to improve our products and services
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other
information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have
provided, as long as consent has been provided
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research
purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to
customise the website according to your interests
How long do we store your data for?
legitimate reason for keeping this, unless we are instructed to edit or delete this by yourself, in
which case we will remove this as soon as practical.
3rd party data processors
To provide the most efficient service, we may share your personal information with third parties
known as data processors that act on our behalf, such as our server hosting company or outsource
developers or designers. These third parties are not entitled to use your information for any other
purpose than to assist us in providing our services to you.
We will only provide third parties with the relevant information they require to deliver the
appropriate service. We will never sell or release your personal information to marketing companies.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties
which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised
access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to
safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you
agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a
particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web
application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering
information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about
webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this
information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages
you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any
information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but
you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you
from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these
links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you
provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You
should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to
indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing
purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us using the address on our
contact page or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you and/or request that we
permanently delete all data we hold. There will be no fee for this and we will action this as quickly as
practical but within a minimum of 30 calendar days.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to
or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
"...what mountain bikers dreams are made of...these guys provide the full package!"
Mountain Biking UKRead more reviews